sexta-feira, 9 de maio de 2008

Please Don’t Look Away

couple days ago I received a forwarded email and for some reason I felt compelled to scroll past the eternal recipient list and actually read it.

It crushed me.

The email contained about a dozen images of the famine in Sudan. Everything in me wanted to look away, but I made myself look. I forced myself to acknowledge that these children are just like Duda. If they had enough to eat, they’d say they don’t like spinach. If they had enough to drink they’d say they want juice instead of water. If they had the energy, they’d play ball, laugh and sing.

This picture was particularly gripping. It depicts a small girl (about the age of my girl) crawling to a UN food station about a half mile away. A vulture waits behind her.

I wrote this in response to all the thoughts and feelings and emotions that the image stirred in my heart... Sad.

Um comentário:

Unknown disse...

u r right, this picture is very sad. The name of your blog say me the same, but no about the body, about the soul. Many people is angry, soul angry, and the evil is behind wait them fall.
it´s this!
God bless u